Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A cozy drink to make for those cold nights. Great to have at a family dinner, like Thanksgiving or Christmas. The incredible smell of this in your house is unbelievably welcoming as well! I have made large batches of mulled wine and kept it in a crockpot for guests to help themselves. Enjoy!
- 2 (1500 ml) bottle dry red wine (Burgundy is a good choice)
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 3 (9 inch) cinnamon sticks
- 2.46 ml whole cloves
- 453.59 g orange, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced across (about 2)
- 1 piece ginger, about 2-inch
- In a large saucepan, over medium heat, combine all ingredients.
- Stir occasionally until wine is steaming, about 15-20 minutes.
- Ladle into mugs and serve to your guests!
Made this for Christmas and the smell alone made it 5 stars, the incredible spicy flavors are made for the holidays. I made this in the crock pot and just let it simmer all afternoon, couldn't be easier. I did cut the sugar to 1 cup and we loved it. Will be making this for New Years too.
We have a simple version of this with just cinnamon and cloves, but I liked this "dressed up" version too. Sort of a Sangria for winter. I had to make it with white wine and I cut down the sugar. Made just one cup for myself and I 'm enjoying it right now. Perfect for cold winter evenings.