Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Hot mulled wine is a tradition around Christmas. Posting this recipe for safe keeping and to see the calories...yikes!
- 4 quarts dry red wine
- 1 quart dry white wine
- 1 pint brandy
- 1 cup white sugar (or more to taste)
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 12 whole cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon mace
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon
- Pour red wine in to a 3 gallon (or larger) pot and heat over med. flame.
- Add sugar and spices. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add brandy, white wine, slices of one orange and the lemon.
- Steep for one hour over low heat.
- Serve hot and garnish with orange slices or a cinnamon stick.