Recipe by Scrivener1
This is an authentic German recipe. It is marvelous!
Top Review by Chef RZ Fan
This was really good. I changed the servings to two and heated the water and spices in the microwave just to try the recipe out. It was great. I will be filling my crockpot with this when the holidays arrive. Thankyou !
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a sharp knife, peel lemon. Do not use a zester because the peel will be too fine. Extract juice and set aside.
- Combine peel, cloves, one cinnamon stick, sugar and 2 cups water. Boil 5-10 minutes.
- Remove spices with slotted spoon and discard.
- Transfer to a crockpot, and add wine and lemon juice. Heat on low.
- Serve hot in mugs with a cinnamon stick as a stir.