Recipe by Sharon123
This tea is perfect on a cold winter night and a nice alternative to hot chocolate or alcoholic drinks. Adapted from the Heart & Stroke Foundation.
Top Review by UmmBinat
This is a light flavoured lovely tea. I liked the accent of vanilla for which I used halal vanilla paste, with flecks of vanilla bean. Following Annacia's lead I made ours with rooibus & honey bush tea bags from Traditional Medicinals and followed the rest.
- 2 decaffeinated tea bags (black tea, rooibos, green tea or herbal berry tea)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 whole star anise
- 1 vanilla pod (optional) or 0.25 ml vanilla extract (optional)
- 946.36 ml boiling water, plus more for warming the tea pot
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a small amount of boiling water in the tea pot to warm it up. Discard the water.
- Add tea bags, cinnamon stick, cloves and star anise to the tea pot and add the 4 cups of boiling water.
- Let steep for 3 to 5 minutes and remove the teabags.
- Let steep for 2 minutes longer and serve immediately.
- Sit back and enjoy!