Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Found online and submitted by Sunday River Ski Resort, Bethel, Maine USA this is #2 of the après-ski cocktails making the rounds of the slopes this season.
- 1 gallon fresh apple cider
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 lemon, zest of, no white
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 -2 ounce bacardi rum (Special)
- In large saucepan, slowly heat ingredients 15- 20 minutes. Strain through cheesecloth or coffee filter. Serve as is for the kiddies but best served warm with 1-2 oz Bacardi Special as an adult drink.
What a lovely treat. I enjoyed this soooo much. It was perfect ...the spices were spot on...the brown sugar, gave it depth and the rum put it over the top for me. Kudos on a recipe that I will make often. Made for Comfort Cafe - Chalet 01/10 :)
Yum! The lemon zest is a great addition to the cider, and the rum is the perfect finishing touch! Thanks for sharing!