Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice warm drink for a cold day.
- 1 quart apple cider
- 2⁄3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 small cinnamon sticks
- 8 whole cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine all ingredients in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat; simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and cloves.
- Serve at once, garnishing with cinnamon sticks, if desired.
This mulled cider was absolutely delicious. I can't decide which was better...the aroma wafting throughout my house on this overcast, dreary, day...OR the warm, sweet, lightly spiced taste of this cider delight. They have both won me over. This will definitely be a fall/winter staple in home from now on. Made for Comfort Cafe, Snow Queen Round 1/10. Thank you so much for sharing this gem of a recipe.
Simple and easy. I didn't bother with the sugar, as cider up here is quite sweet. Then I stuck it in the crockpot on high til it started getting a bit frothy, and it was absolutely perfect. Thank you!
Loved the combination of spices and boy does it smell womderful! A little too sweet for me, I'd reduce the sugar next time, Thanks for sharing the recipe!