Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 3 cinnamon sticks (3 inch)
- 2 quarts apple cider
- orange wedge
- 1 whole cloves
- Combine brown sugar, allspice, 1 teaspoon cloves, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and apple cider in large saucepan.
- Bring to boiling.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Strain to remove spices.
- Serve in mugs with clove-studded orange wedges.
Thanks for the recipe! This was really good. I used apple juice instead of cider and I omitted the brown sugar and orange slices.
Really good; I only added about 1/8 c sugar, and put in a few orange slices too. Everyone seemed to like it a lot.
Also....I made it in the crock pot; great way to have cider ready when guests want it!
Great recipe, very nice flavor. However I only used 1/4 cup brown sugar and still found it awfully sweet. Next time I just might omit the brown sugar, or use 1/8th. I used 100% pure apple juice unsweetened.
Also, there really isn't any need for the allspice, if you don't have it. All it is, is a mixture of nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves, which this recipe already asks for.
Otherwise, fantastic. I'll be making this again!