1/1 Photo of Hot Moroccan Chicken Salad
This easy grilled chicken is combined with a colorful tomatoes, peppers and olives, and drizzled with a spicy cumin, paprika and ground red pepper dressing. Best served on a bed of fluffy couscous to soak up all the fabulous flavors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 (10 ounce) box couscous
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 medium yellow pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup olive
- 1Prepare grill or preheat broiler and broiler pan.
- 2Bring water to boil in saucepan.
- 3Stir in couscous and ½ teaspoon salt.
- 4Remove from heat and cover.
- 5Rub oil over chicken.
- 6Mix garlic with ½ teaspoon salt and press with side of knife to form a paste.
- 7Set aside ½ teaspoon paste in a large bowl for dressing.
- 8Rub remaining paste over chicken.
- 9Grill chicken until cooked through, about 6-7 minutes.
- 10DRESSING: Combine remaining garlic paste and all ingredients except oil and red onion in a bowl.
- 11Gradually whisk in oil, and then stir in onion.
- 12Toss dressing in yellow pepper, tomatoes and olives.
- 13Fluff couscous with fork and spoon onto serving plates.
- 14Arrange grilled chicken on couscous; spoon vegetables and dressing around chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Moroccan Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (487 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 646.8
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 820.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 38.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar