Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
friends will request this recipe..
- 6 whole cloves
- 2 slices lemons
- 1 quart apple cider
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 2 1⁄4 inches cinnamon sticks
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Insert cloves into lemon slices.
- In a medium pan, bring lemon slices, apple cider, molasses and cinnamon stick to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Discard cinnamon stick --
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Serve immediately.
I really enjoyed this savory treat. What a delightful unique recipe, this cider was bold and flavorful. It's flavor reminded me of mincemeat pie. It was the perfect treat for the snowy days we have been experiencing. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
This is really nice! Molasses is one of my favorite things and I love what it adds to the cider - very different. I cut down to one serving and it worked very well. Thanks so much for posting!
I quartered the recipe just for me. I loved the molasses in it! Thanks for a chilly evening treat! Made for the Comfort Cafe-Jan. 2010.