Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Family Circle magazine Nov. 2008
- 1⁄2 cup hot cocoa mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder or 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place Nesquick mix in a saucepan, and slowly add water while whisking to form a paste.
- Slowly add in half and half, stirring until combined. Add in remaining ingredients.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Oh Yum! Mocha for the people, You can have this lovely treat anytime the desire hits without the expense of the post coffee outlets. I most always have a chocolate mix made with Splenda on hand and always the coffee and espresso. The next time I have the sugar free caramel topping in the house I'm going to try that in place of the chocolate syrup (not that there is anything wrong with the chocolate you understand :D). It's quick and simple and repays you small amount of effort in spades. It's rich in chocolate and a nice little caffeine nudge. Whats not to love?? Oh, I should note that I made the base mocha first and then stirred in the light cream after it was in the cup.