Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
I saw Paula Deen prepare this recipe on her show. I can't wait to try it.
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 quart milk
- 2 cups hot strong black coffee or 3 tablespoons instant coffee granules, dissolved in
- 2 cups hot water
- 1⁄2 pint chocolate ice cream
- whipped cream, for garnish
- chocolate shavings, for garnish
- In a large saucepan with wire whisk or spoon, stir together cocoa and sugar.
- Over medium heat, slowly add milk until well blended.
- Add 2 cups of hot strong black coffee while mixing constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Ladle into 6 (8-ounce) mugs.
- Top each with spoonful of ice cream, whipped cream and chocolate.
WOWSERS! Lainey you have hit the jackpot with this. It's simply outstandingly delicious. I switched places with the ingredients in that I melted 1 1/2 ounces of bittersweet chocolate into the milk and coffee then sprinkled double Dutch cocoa on top. I had to use vanilla ice cream as that is all I can get in sugar free at this time of year and it was still wonderful. Next time I make this I'll try it with espresso :D. Made for Santa's Secret in Photo Tag.