Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
Hot chocolate coffee....what could be better. Courtesy of DORMOUSE HOUSE in France. You can always add a little liqueur, cinnamon or nutmeg.
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 cups strong coffee
- 1 cup light cream (or Half&Half)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat milk and chocolate in a heavy saucepan, stirring until smooth.
- Add sugar and salt; bring to a boil, turn heat back and let simmer for 5 minutes, stirring.
- Add vanilla, coffee, and light cream.
- Serve hot.
Oh my goodness, this was so rich! Yummy drink. Thanks! I used decaf, halved the recipe and had it for dessert!