Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I don't remember where I got this from, but have been making it for years. It's easy and quick, and can bake while you are having supper. The recipe for the cake portion is already listed on Zaar Hot Milk Sponge Cake, however this one has the topping. It is also very delicious plain.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, soft
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- Preheat oven to 350*. Grease a 9 x 9 baking dish.
- In a small bowl, beat eggs for 4 minutes.
- Slowly add sugar. Beat 4 minutes.
- Add vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients.
- Add to the egg mixture and mix just until blended.
- Heat milk and butter just until milk starts to foam.
- Add to batter and mix well.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350*. Frost while warm.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add coconut and mix well.
- Spread on cake while warm.
- Broil for 4 - 5 minutes, or until golden brown.
- You MUST keep an eye on this as it will burn very easily.
I made this and in two days it was gone. My family loved it.
Wonderful...it is now in my top five favorites. :)...I Love it!!!