A nice light cake with very little fat. Good with a broiled coconut icing.
Make and share this Hot Milk Sponge Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In mixing bowl, beat eggs.
- Add sugar and vanilla.
- Beat until light.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Fold dry ingredients into egg mixture.
- In a small saucepan, bring milk and margarine to a boil.
- Slowly add milk mixture to batter, stirring carefully.
- Pour into greased and floured cake pan (7 x 12 inch or 9 x 9 inch).
- Bake 30-35 minutes.
- I often make this into a lemony cake. I add the zest of one lemon to the cake batter, and use the juice of the lemon with icing sugar to make a glaze.