Recipe by Wendy Sue
A delicate, moist, light cake from Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book. Good served when still slightly warm. Easy to make lighter, with less butter or combination of Splenda and sugar.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9" pan.
- Stir together flour and baking powder, set aside.
- Beat eggs by hand or with an electric mixer until thick. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add the dry mixture, beat until combined.
- In a saucepan, heat milk and butter until butter melts. Add to the batter, beating until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan. Top with powdered sugar and/or fresh fruit.