1/1 Photo of Hot-Milk Sponge Cake
Wendy Sue's Note:
A delicate, moist, light cake from Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book. Good served when still slightly warm. Easy to make lighter, with less butter or combination of Splenda and sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9" pan.
- 2Stir together flour and baking powder, set aside.
- 3Beat eggs by hand or with an electric mixer until thick. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add the dry mixture, beat until combined.
- 4In a saucepan, heat milk and butter until butter melts. Add to the batter, beating until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 5Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan. Top with powdered sugar and/or fresh fruit.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot-Milk Sponge Cake
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.0
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 50.0 mg
- Sodium 85.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 22.2 g
- Protein 3.3 g