Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A delicate, moist, light cake from Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book. Good served when still slightly warm. Easy to make lighter, with less butter or combination of Splenda and sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9" pan.
- Stir together flour and baking powder, set aside.
- Beat eggs by hand or with an electric mixer until thick. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add the dry mixture, beat until combined.
- In a saucepan, heat milk and butter until butter melts. Add to the batter, beating until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan. Top with powdered sugar and/or fresh fruit.