Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This delicious recipe comes from my husband's grandmother. His mother used to make it for his family for breakfast as a special treat. Now I make it for him!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk, hot
- butter, melted (to brush top of cake)
- cinnamon-sugar mixture
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs until light and thick.
- Slowly add sugar and beat 2 1/2 minutes.
- Fold in sifted dry ingredients.
- Melt butter in hot milk and stir into batter.
- Pour batter into a 9 x 13 pan sprayed with cooking spray or greased with butter.
- Bake for 30 minute or until light golden brown on top.
- Brush top with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
First, I would like to thank you for your lovely 5-star review of my Green Beans. Now, regarding this great Hot Milk Cake recipe: Don't you just love recipes that have been passed down from generation to generation. This lovely recipe from grandmother proves that a simple recipe with simple ingredients makes for a wonderful dish. You certainly don't need a lot of expensive ingredients. This cake is not only a treat for breakfast but would make an excellent dessert too. Thanks so much for sharing it, Jami Robin. It's a winner!!!!
I made this for Spring PAC '09. Served this for breakfast with fresh strawberries, scrambled eggs and sausage. We loved this. Very nice cake that is great for a little breakfast treat and will be awesome as dessert later. Love the texture of this cake! Grandma recipes are always awesome. Thanks for a great recipe and a great time in PAC!!