- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk (2 1/2 minutes in microwave at HIGH)
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the milk until it's boiling (2 1/2 minutes in microwave at HIGH). Add the butter. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and add the sugar in small quantities.
- In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, salt and add to egg mixture.
- Pour the hot milk to the egg mixture-flour and add the vanilla. With a mixer, mix well until smooth.
- Pour the batter in an ungreased tubular pan.
- Cook in the oven at 350 F for 45-50 minutes until golden.
- It could be 2 round pans.
- If you double the recipe, cook in a rectangular pan 45 minutes.