Prep 10 mins
Cook 52 mins
This cake, my mom did it for each of my birthdays. It was always glazed with a mocha glaze. Upon my request.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk (2 1/2 minutes in microwave at HIGH)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Heat the milk until it's boiling (2 1/2 minutes in microwave at HIGH). Add the butter. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs and add the sugar in small quantities.
- In a bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, salt and add to egg mixture.
- Pour the hot milk to the egg mixture-flour and add the vanilla. With a mixer, mix well until smooth.
- Pour the batter in an ungreased tubular pan.
- Cook in the oven at 350 F for 45-50 minutes until golden.
- It could be 2 round pans.
- If you double the recipe, cook in a rectangular pan 45 minutes.
This was definetely a good recipe, and for the most part moist. I think 50 minutes is a little too long, at least from my oven.
This was easy and delicious! I was just throwing ingredients together and it came out great. I did spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray and it came out easily. Thanks for a great yummy recipe!
WOW ! Great tasting cake. Made it for sons birthday party.We loved it. The kids loved it, and the parents loved it. Gave recipe to 4 parents, by request. Topped it with a light chocolate frosting. This was made for 1-2-3 hit wonders, and it was a HIT. Thanks for the recipe.