Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is an awesome dip, and so easy to make. From Southern Living's Ultimate Book of Appetizers.
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 29.58 ml canola oil or 29.58 ml olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 29.58 ml chopped jalapeno peppers
- 283.49 g package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 236.59 ml half-and-half cream
- 473.18 ml shredded monterey jack cheese
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 (124.73 g) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 14.79 ml red wine vinegar
- 1.23 ml kosher sea salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- Cook onion in oil in a medium skilled over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 4 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add tomatoes and jalapeno pepper, cook 2 minutes more.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl, add spinach and remaining ingredients, stirring very well.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 35 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.
Great twist on the usual spinach dip! There is a nice little kick from the jalapeno, and the tomatoes add a nice flavor. Thanks for sharing! ZWT8
I tried a different spinach dip for a party but this one is much better. I have made this for years and it's great!
Yummy!! This was a great dip. It went together quickly and easily and was full of flavor. I added 2 cloves of chopped garlic with the onions and I used only 1 can of olives (we are not huge olive fans). I baked this in a 7"x11" baking dish for the full 35 mins. Next time, I might try adding some canned, chopped green chiles and a can of drained Rotel tomatoes instead of the fresh tomatoes. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. *Made for Potluck Tag*