This is an awesome dip, and so easy to make. From Southern Living's Ultimate Book of Appetizers.
Make and share this Hot Mexican-Style Spinach Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 (2 1/4 ounce) cans sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook onion in oil in a medium skilled over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 4 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add tomatoes and jalapeno pepper, cook 2 minutes more.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl, add spinach and remaining ingredients, stirring very well.
- Spoon mixture into a greased 2-quart baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 35 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Serve warm with tortilla chips.