Recipe by Sandy in Oklahoma
Straight from the oven, this dip is thin and creamy. It is delicious served over pasta. Let it cool a little and it firms up into a fantastic dips for fresh veggies or tortilla chips.
Top Review by PamC
I've made this many times, and it's always a success. I've used a version of the recipe that I got off another site, that calls for a box of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry, and red wine vinegar, and I usually substitute sharp cheddar.
- 1 (16 ounce) jarmedium salsa
- 1 lb fresh spinach, cleaned and loosely chopped
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened, cubed
- 1 cup evaporated milk (NOT sweetened condensed)
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped black olives, drained
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar