Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Sounds very appealing, haven't tried it but hope some one out there finds it as cocoafull as i do (lol). This is from rdfood 2/04
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- Mix first 4 items together, in a good sized mug.
- Add boiling water, stir till smooth.
- Heat milk for 3 minutes over LOW heat until hot.
- Stir the milk into the cocoa mixture until well mixed.
- Stir in vanilla and almond extracts.
I made this today and though the flavor of the almond extract stood out, which I enjoyed, the other flavors were masked over. I didnt taste any cinnamon or nutmeg which I expected to stand out a bit more. Thanks for a very easy drink with which I can play around with the ingredients some more. :)
This was very good! Nice flavor for a warm change of hot chocolate first thing in the mornings. I will keep this handy. Thanks for sharing the recipe. VERY GOOD!
This was very very very tastey. It's been so cold in Las Vegas that I needed a hot cup of something and remembered this recipe. It warmed the cockles of my heart. Thanks for a great recipe HotSunday.