Recipe by Debi
A different twist on the usual potato salads that's colourful and flavourful.
Top Review by Annacia
I discovered a good while back that I very much like non-mayo potato salads. This one is a welcome change from the commonplace and delivers a lot of flavor and great colors. This will make a great outdoor summer salad when grilling season starts.
- 1 lb tiny new potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup roma tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, snipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes in water, then simmer for 15 to 20 minutes (or until just cooked - try not to over cook) Drain and cut into quarters when cooled down.
- Meanwhile, combine picante sauce, lime juice, oil, salt & pepper in a small microwave safe bowl. Cook, uncovered, on high for one minute or until heated through.
- Add sauce to cooked potatoes. Stir in tomatoes, olives, green onion and cilantro. Toss to coat and serve.