Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A different twist on the usual potato salads that's colourful and flavourful.
- 1 lb tiny new potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup roma tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, snipped
- Boil potatoes in water, then simmer for 15 to 20 minutes (or until just cooked - try not to over cook) Drain and cut into quarters when cooled down.
- Meanwhile, combine picante sauce, lime juice, oil, salt & pepper in a small microwave safe bowl. Cook, uncovered, on high for one minute or until heated through.
- Add sauce to cooked potatoes. Stir in tomatoes, olives, green onion and cilantro. Toss to coat and serve.
I discovered a good while back that I very much like non-mayo potato salads. This one is a welcome change from the commonplace and delivers a lot of flavor and great colors. This will make a great outdoor summer salad when grilling season starts.
I made a full recipe as written, but used white potatoes as I had them on hand & the red ones are lrg here anyway. You are so right that it is flavorful & colorful, but it also has great texture & is low-cal + low-fat. It would be perfect for a Tex-Mex meal nite or patio party & w/no egg or mayo is also ideal for those w/allergies or diet limitations. It is versatile & can be expanded w/adds like bell pepper & cheese (which I added as a garnish). In fact, it is just an all-around *winner* for me! Thx for sharing this recipe w/us. :-)
Different from any other kind of potato salad we've ever made, but very good. The salsa we have in the house is hot, so it was spicy, but not overly so. The only thing I didn't do was heat the other ingredients. Served this alongside taco salad, which made a nice summer meal.