- 1 cup cornmeal (yellow or blue)
- 1 cup milk, sweet
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can creamed corn
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all of the ingredients together, except the oil, and reserve half of the cheese for toping.
- Put the oil in a skillet and heat over medium heat until hot.
- Pour over cornmeal mixture in bowl.
- Stir fast to melt cheese.
- Pour mixture into hot skillet and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes.