Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 5 cups apple cider
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 2⁄3 cups tequila
- 1⁄3 cup triple sec
- lemon slice
- Add together the first three ingredients in a saucepan.
- Over medium heat, bring to a simmer.
- Add tequila and triple sec and stir occasionally until hot.
- Pour mixture into 8 mugs.
- Garnish with lemon slices if desired.
This cider packs a potent punch! I cut back on the tequila and it was still pretty strong. The sweet/tart/alcohol taste was very different in a hot drink and I enjoyed it. Thanks for posting this great recipe! Made for the Comfort Cafe event, January 2009
I thought I had tried every possible margarita and then there was this hot apple cider margarita. You could say so for the added tequila and triple sec. I love margaritas and this one was very interesting variety and it grew on me. I did not use all the alcohol in it though, but radically halved the tequila and used only 2/3 cup. I don't know if I would still be here to tell the tale, if I hadn't!
This was OK, but we thought there was too much alcohol. The other flavors were overwhelmed. Maybe lessening the amount of alcohol would improve the flavor.