Recipe by Fluffy
You can assemble this ahead of time, wrap it refrigerate until you are ready to pop it in the oven. It's cheesy and spicey. Serve it with tortilla chips, crackers or veggies.
Top Review by It's all good
Hey Fluffy, a wonderful recipe. I deviated a little; I took one red pepper, 1 green pepper, and one poblano pepper and roasted them on the grill. I chopped them up and added it to the rest of the recipe. The poblano pepper really gave this recipe a distinct flavor. I also sprinkled a small amount of ancho seasoning to it.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, drained
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 3 cup baking dish.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup shredded cheese and next 6 ingredients until just combined.
- Spread in baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- or until hot and bubbly.
- Sprinkle with cilantro before serving.