Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Mmmmm...something different with pretty basic ingredients. I hope your family enjoys this as much as mine does! The following is for basic palates, but depending on who is eating it, I add additional jalapenos to taste to suit people with a need for heat.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup French dressing, catalina
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 -6 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown meat and drain, Add onion and cook until tender. Stir in kidney beans, dressing, water and chili powder. Simmer 15 minutes. Combine shredded lettuce and green onion. Add meat mixture and 1 1/2 cups cheese and mix lightly. Top with remaining cheese.
- Optional -- Serve with sliced avacado, sour cream, sliced olives and totilla chips, or add hot pepper slices or jalapeno for those who want some heat.