Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Let's see how this turns out.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 -3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs grams turkey
- 1 tablespoon grams cumin
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head green cabbage, cored and sliced thinly
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion, celery. Stir a bit.
- Add cumin, caraway, celery seed. Stir till fragrant.
- Add ground turkey. Brown thoroughly, breaking up clumps with a wooden spoon.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat.
- Put 1/2 of cabbage in crock pot. Sprinkle with 1/2 of vinegar.
- Transfer meat and onion mixture to crock pot.
- Top with remaining cabbage; sprinkle with remaining vinegar.
- Cook on high for 2 hours. Turn heat to low and cook for 3 more hours.
- Serve with potatoes.