Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb pork sausage
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cracker crumb
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package spaghetti sauce mix (divided)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 8 hot dog buns
- Mix meats, eggs, crumbs and 1/2 cup of cheese, salt, parsley and 1/2 the package of sauce mix.
- Using rounded tablespoon of meat, shape into 1 inch balls.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet in 400° oven for 10 or 15 minutes until browned.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Mix tomato sauce and water in large saucepan.
- Add meatballs.
- Cover and cook over low heat about 25 minutes.
- Serve meatballs on buns, allowing 4-6 meatballs and a spoonful of sauce for each sandwich.
- Sprinkle with additional cheese.