Hot Mayonnaise Glazed Scallops
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a blender combine the egg, mustard, hot sauce, lemon juice, worcestershire, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Process until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- With the motor running, pour in the oil in a slow, steady stream. The mixture will thicken.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Put the scallop shells on a baking dish. Season both sides of the scallops with salt and black pepper.
- Place two scallops in a large scallop shell (a total of 12 shells) and spoon about 2 TBSP of the mayonnaise over them.
- Bake on the top rack of the oven until the mayonnaise is golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Garnish with the green onions and serve hot.