Recipe by Judith N.
Yummy Dip and so quick and easy to prepare. It will be a hit at any party! If you want to be creative make your own Tostados or be sure you have plenty of Tortilla Chips, Fritos Scoops or both on hand.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato juice
- 2 sliced scallions (about 1 cup)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3⁄4 cup coarsely grated monterey jack cheese or 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese (about 3 oz.)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro or 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place tomato juice, scallions and garlic in a food processor or blender.
- Process until scallions and garlic are finely chopped.
- Add beans, cheese, cilantro, chili powder, salt and pepper; process until smooth.
- To serve: Heat the dip in a medium-size heavy saucepan over medium-low heat; stir constantly with wooden spoon until hot.
- Serve with chips made for scooping!