Recipe by School Chef
I finally found this recipe( cleaned out ever recipe box), so I am posting it here for safekeeping. Years ago I had this spread at a friends home in Maryland. Got the recipe put it away and forgot where it was. I reduce the fat by using fat-free cream cheese and sour cream.
Top Review by Sarah L.
This recipe was really great! I've been looking for a good authentic MD style crab dip since I moved from Baltimore to Tampa and this is very good. I think I might cut down on the Old Bay VERY slightly but besides that...YUM! Thanks for making an ex-Baltimoron happy :)
- 226.79 g cream cheese, softened
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 44.37 ml mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 4.92 ml dry mustard
- 118.29 ml cheddar cheese
- 340.19 g fresh crabmeat
- 0.59 ml hot sauce
- 29.58 ml Old Bay Seasoning (tm)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Lightly grease a 1-quart baking dish.
- In a 2-quart bowl, blend together cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, dry mustard and hot sauce.
- Stir in crab meat, Old Bay seasonings, and 1/4 cup cheddar cheese.
- Transfer to greased baking dish. Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned.