Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I finally found this recipe( cleaned out ever recipe box), so I am posting it here for safekeeping. Years ago I had this spread at a friends home in Maryland. Got the recipe put it away and forgot where it was. I reduce the fat by using fat-free cream cheese and sour cream.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 3⁄4 lb fresh crabmeat
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning (tm)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Lightly grease a 1-quart baking dish.
- In a 2-quart bowl, blend together cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, dry mustard and hot sauce.
- Stir in crab meat, Old Bay seasonings, and 1/4 cup cheddar cheese.
- Transfer to greased baking dish. Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven 30 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned.
This recipe was really great! I've been looking for a good authentic MD style crab dip since I moved from Baltimore to Tampa and this is very good. I think I might cut down on the Old Bay VERY slightly but besides that...YUM! Thanks for making an ex-Baltimoron happy :)
A wonderful dip/spread that is very clearly Maryland. I love the use of all these ingredients, most especially the crab & the use of *Old Bay* which is a staple here. I didn't change anything other then heated it 1/2 of the time in the microwave, the other half, adding the cheddar cheese to the top, in the oven with the addition of sliced green onion, for the last 15 minutes to brown up and thicken. There is none left and I just made it an hour ago. What is one to do? I guess just make more :D Thank you School Chef, made for your football win, week #9 Fall 2008.