Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Cooking Light Magazine, this has a rich maple flavor.
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 4 large egg whites
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sifted powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Coat 6 (10-ounce) ramekins with butter; sprinkle evenly with granulated sugar. Combine 3 tablespoons maple syrup and bourbon in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 1 1/2 minutes or until mixture boils. Pour about 1 tablespoon bourbon mixture into each prepared ramekin.
- Cook 1 cup maple syrup in a medium, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat 8 minutes or until candy thermometer registers 250°. Beat egg whites and salt at medium speed of a mixer until foamy. Pour hot maple syrup in a thin stream over egg whites, beating at medium speed then at high speed until stiff peaks form. Add baking powder; beat well. Spoon evenly into prepared ramekins; place on a jelly-roll pan. Bake at 425° for 13 minutes or until puffy and set. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Serve immediately.