Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A recipe from Wheat Montana Farms. By Sherry Chidwick of Stevensvill, MT
Make and share this Hot Love recipe from Food.com.
- Bring water, salt, apples, raisins and cranberries to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add cereal.
- Stir and reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in walnuts, flax seed and cinnamon.
- Cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with brown sugar and a little milk.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
What a great way to start the day. The fruits and whole grains are great together. I used Sunny Boy, Canada's multi-whole grain cereal, a Gala apple (what I had) and dried cherries for the cranberries just because I like them better. The times were right on, I was just under 15 mins start to finish. This would be a top year round breakfast offering. :D