Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I use to make a variation of this sandwich when I worked as a cook in high school. The original sandwich used polish sausage, I adapted the recipe to my taste and used hot links. Most people prefer the hot links.
- 6 French rolls
- 6 links hot sausage
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 6 medium dill pickles
- 2 medium tomatoes
- Slice each sausage in four slices lengthwise.
- Slice each French roll to open without cutting all the way through.
- Top each roll with four slices of the sausage.
- Place a slice of mozzarella cheese over the sausage.
- Place the sandwich on a baking sheet.
- Place into a preheated 350 degree oven. cook sandwiches until the cheese and bread browns.
- Remove the sandwiches and top with thinly sliced pickles and tomatoes.
- Enjoy, these are addictive.
I prepared one sandwich for my DH's lunch. He really enjoyed this alot. I used a cajan smoked sausage and he added a sweet/ hot mustard after it was cooked. This recipe was easy and filling. Thank you for sharing your recipe!