A Danish dish of fruit, bacon and potatoes as an accompaniment to sausages by Diana Henry
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a heavy-based pan over a medium heat. Add the potatoes and bacon and turn over in the buttery juices.
- 2Stir in the fruits, season with salt and pepper, and add the thyme and sugar to taste. Add a small splash of water to stop the potatoes from catching.
- 3Cover the pan and cook over a low heat for 30 minutes or until everything is tender and browned. Shake the pan every so often to stop it from sticking. Add another splash of water if everything is becoming too dry.
- 4Meanwhile, grill or fry the sausages until cooked through - this should take 15-20 minutes.
- 5Check the seasoning of the hot lightening and serve it alongside the sausages.
Browse Our Top Scandinavian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Scandinavian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Lightening
Serving Size: 1 (412 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 691.6
- Calories from Fat 467
- Total Fat 51.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 103.4 mg
- Sodium 970.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 19.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: