Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A Danish dish of fruit, bacon and potatoes as an accompaniment to sausages by Diana Henry
Make and share this Hot Lightening recipe from Food.com.
- Melt the butter in a heavy-based pan over a medium heat. Add the potatoes and bacon and turn over in the buttery juices.
- Stir in the fruits, season with salt and pepper, and add the thyme and sugar to taste. Add a small splash of water to stop the potatoes from catching.
- Cover the pan and cook over a low heat for 30 minutes or until everything is tender and browned. Shake the pan every so often to stop it from sticking. Add another splash of water if everything is becoming too dry.
- Meanwhile, grill or fry the sausages until cooked through - this should take 15-20 minutes.
- Check the seasoning of the hot lightening and serve it alongside the sausages.