Recipe by Happy Harry #2
The lettuce stays crisp and the dressing gives this side dish a delectable flavor. A wonderful change of pace for Asian style meals.
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 inch piece gingerroot, crushed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine hoisin sauce and sherry in a small bowl, set aside.
- Tear,DO NOT CUT, lettuce into bite-sized chunks, enough to make about 3 cups.
- Rinse under cold water, shake off water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Heat oil in wok over medium heat.
- Add garlic and ginger, stir-fry until golden.
- Remove and discard.
- Increase heat to high and add lettuce; stir-fry about 30 seconds and then pour in sherry mix.
- Toss to coat lettuce. Cover wok and let simmer another 30 second. Lettuce should remain crisp.
- Remove and serve immediately.