1/1 Photo of Hot Jam Sandwich
I got this out of a book I borrowed from the library and made it for a quick weekend snack for the family. Very popular.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Lightly beat together the egg, caster sugar and vanilla essence in a shallow dish and set aside.
- 2Spread the jam on to one slice of the bread and then place the other slice on top, pressing together firmly.
- 3Melt the butter in a large skillet over a medium-low heat.
- 4Soak the sandwich in the egg mixture until all of the egg has been absorbed.
- 5Fry in the butter for 1-2 minutes each side until golden brown.
- 6Slice the sandwich in half and sprinkle with the extra caster sugar.
- 7You may serve with a scoop of ice cream, yoghurt or a dollop of whipped cream or all by itself.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Jam Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.4
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 242.0 mg
- Sodium 418.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 20.9 g
- Protein 10.3 g