Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious with cream cheese on crackers or use as a glaze for chicken or pork.
Make and share this Hot Jalapeno Pepper Jelly recipe from Food.com.
- Sterilize 5/ 8 oz. jars, ladle, funnel, rings and new lids.
- Chop jalapenos with 1 cup vinegar in food processor, very fine, seeded or not, depending on how hot you want your jelly.
- Combine puree with remaining vinegar and 6 cups sugar in large 8 quart pot and boil over high heat. Boil 10 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add pectin and continue to boil for one minute.
- Add food coloring if desired.
- Ladle jelly into jars leaving 1/4 inch headspace.
- Wipe jar rims with a damp paper towel to make sure of a tight seal. Place sterilized lid on top with tongs and screw on ring, until tight.
- Process jars in boiling water bath for 10 minutes to insure sterilized contents and cool on a towel until lids 'pop'.
- Store in a cool dark dry place after removing rings and wiping jars dry.