1/2 Photos of Hot Jalapeno Pepper Jelly
Carole Reu's Note:
I am addicted to this jelly. Hope there are Jalapeno lovers out there. Enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash hot peppers, cut off stem and halve the peppers, remove membrane and seeds.
- 2Put peppers in food processor and process off and on a couple of times until the peppers are coarsely chopped.
- 3In a medium saucepan combine peppers, cranberry juice, and vinegar.
- 4Bring to boiling; reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- 5In a 4 quart pot combine the pepper mixture and sugar.
- 6Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- 7Stir in pectin.
- 8Return to a full rolling boil; boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 9Remove from heat and quickly skim off foam with a metal spoon.
- 10Pour at once into hot, sterilized half-pint jars, leaving a 1/4" headspace. Wipe jar rims; adjust lids.
- 11Process in a boiling water canner for 5 minutes (start timing when water begins to boil).
- 12Remove jars and cool on a wire rack till set (2 to 3 days).
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Jalapeno Pepper Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 80
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 51.6
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
liquid fruit pectin