Recipe by Tanya Pants
A combination of my favorite flavors: feta, hot peppers and chicken... my boyfriend actually brought the leftovers to work for lunch (he never brings a lunch!) I've only made this once so far (when I made it up) but plan on making it again soon!
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1⁄2 cup chopped hot pepper (I used pickled red jalapenos)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg
- Pam cooking spray
- 4 flattened chicken breasts
- olive oil
- 2 cups rice
- 1⁄2 medium onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce, of your preference
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Mix the ricotta, feta, hot peppers and spices together.
- Split the mixture into two bowls.
- Add the egg to one bowl and mix well.
- Spray a glass baking dish with Pam (big enough to hold the chicken and at least 2 inches deep).
- Use the egg mixture to stuff the chicken breasts, placing 1/4 of the mixture on each breast and then bringing the sides together and securing at the top with 1 or two toothpicks (don't worry if this is a bit messy).
- Brush some olive oil onto the top of the breasts so they brown better.
- Place the chicken in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Make the 2 cups of rice (follow directions on box).
- Fry the onions in 1 tbsp of olive oil until soft (medium heat).
- Add the chopped garlic and fry for 3 more minutes.
- Add the 2 cups sauce and simmer so that it is hot and ready when you need it (if you want to spice up your meal add some peppers to this sauce, too).
- Mix 1/2 cup of the sauce into the rice (keep simmering the rest).
- Remove the chicken from the glass dish and place the rice at the bottom.
- Spread the remaining cheese mixture across the rice.
- Place the breasts on top and put it back in to the oven until: the chicken is done and the rest of the contents are hot.
- Scoop a chicken breast and rice onto a plate and add tomato sauce (see picture).