Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Recipe from Emeril Lagasse's Everday is a Party Cookbook. Spicy and delicious. You won't have any leftovers.
- 1 lb crabmeat, picked over for shells
- 1 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pickled jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb jalapeno jack cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 ounces parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine crabmeat, garlic, jalapenos, Monterey Jack cheese, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt and mayonnaise in a medium mixing bowl.
- Toss gently to mix.
- Spoon the mixture into a medium size casserole. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese evenly on the top of crabmeat mixture.
- Bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving with the croutons.
Love this dip! I had to adjust a little based on availability of ingredients. I just used 2 jalapeños, chop up tiny, to replace the pickled peppers, and montery jack cheese instead of the jalapeño jack. It was delicious!
I love this Crab Dip and so does anyone who has tried it!!!! I've been making this for years and people always want the recipe so I was going to post here but thought I'd check if it was here already! So easy and can be modified for less heat by cutting back on the pickled Jalapeno peppers if needed. That is the only change I ever make, depending on the audience. LOVE IT!!! I serve with plain stone ground crackers and sometimes tortilla chips.