I didn't want to cook, but I didn't want a sandwich either. So, this is what I came up with. It's very easy and it tastes soooo good! I hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dice garlic clove (or just buy the garlic in a jar that's ready to use) then mix the garlic, basil and olive oil in a small bowl, set aside.
- 2Cut each of the loaves of bread in quarters (cut the loaf from front to back and from top to bottom, in the middle).
- 3Coat the inside of the bread with the olive oil mixture then layer on the cheese and turkey.
- 4Close up the sandwiches and wrap well in aluminum foil.
- 5Place in the oven at 300 degrees until the cheese melts.
- 6I like to go really heavy with the olive oil/garlic/basil mixture and with the turkey, but beware going heavy on the cheese -- mozarella smells really strong when there's a lot around!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Italian Turkey Sub
Serving Size: 1 (330 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 887.4
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 37.9 mg
- Sodium 2334.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 138.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 30.5 g