Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I didn't want to cook, but I didn't want a sandwich either. So, this is what I came up with. It's very easy and it tastes soooo good! I hope you enjoy.
- 4 loaves of subway style bread
- 6 ounces deli turkey, sliced
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, deli sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 fresh garlic clove
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- Dice garlic clove (or just buy the garlic in a jar that's ready to use) then mix the garlic, basil and olive oil in a small bowl, set aside.
- Cut each of the loaves of bread in quarters (cut the loaf from front to back and from top to bottom, in the middle).
- Coat the inside of the bread with the olive oil mixture then layer on the cheese and turkey.
- Close up the sandwiches and wrap well in aluminum foil.
- Place in the oven at 300 degrees until the cheese melts.
- I like to go really heavy with the olive oil/garlic/basil mixture and with the turkey, but beware going heavy on the cheese -- mozarella smells really strong when there's a lot around!
Simple and oh so very tasty and satisfying! I used an Italian seasoning blend instead of basil.