Recipe by TGIF Girl Friday
A thick, hot, chunky dip that tastes almost like a vodka sauce...and will be gone before you can say.... You can try adding chunks of crab or shrimp, also. Easy to make and always gets rave reviews...please try it, you will not be disappointed!
Top Review by loof
This dip is terrific!! Warm and creamy and addictive, and so simple to make! I sliced some Italian bread into strips and toasted them under the broiler, and used that for dipping. I think it would also be great with chips, or adding some cooked ground beef or sausage. Loved this - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2009
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat stewed tomatoes till a bit bubbly and add the cream cheese.
- Stir until well blended.
- Remove from heat and serve in a nice serving bowl with tortilla chips or chunks of Italian bread.
- I sometimes will cut out the center of a round bread, line the inside with foil and pour in the dip.
- Cut up the center portion of the bread and use it to dip into the dip.
- Caution: if you do the bread bowl idea -- make sure you line it well so the liquid doesn't have a chance to soak into the outside rim of the bowl -- I have done that by accident and it is not a pretty sight!