Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a wonderful, colorful & quick dinner served with pasta, potatoes or rice.
- 8 hot Italian sausages
- 4 bell peppers (red, green, orange & yellow)
- 1 hot pepper (Jalapeno optional)
- 1 onion (sliced thin)
- 4 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- In a heavy pan brown sausages until nearly cooked through and set aside.
- Add onions and cook until fairly brown.
- Add peppers and garlic and cook till the consistency you like.
- I like it tender crisp for color and flavour.
- Add sausages back in and cook together till cooked through.
- Remove from heat and add salt and pepper to taste.
I love this combination - I added tomatoes (tons in the garden) and some mushrooms and made patties out of the sausages. Also sprinkled a bit of Parmesan on at the end. It diddn't say what to do with the parsley so I just sprinkled it on top when I served it I cut the recipe in half with no problem.Served over whole wheat noodles Thanks for a delicious dinner