1/2 Photos of Hot Italian Sausage & Veggie Soup
Baby Kato's Note:
This dish was created for RSC 16. I hope that you will enjoy this hearty soup. I add a little sugar to help cut the acidity of the tomatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb Italian sausage, hot, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, medium, sweet, diced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fingerling potato, diced
- 2 carrots, large, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, small, diced
- 15 ounces beef broth (1 1/2 cans)
- 14 ounces stewed tomatoes (1 can, not drained)
- 5 ounces wine, dry, red
- 1 teaspoon sugar, white (optional)
- 1/2 cup cavatappi pasta, uncooked
- 1 cup lima beans, rinsed & drained
- 1/4 cup arugula, rinsed
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 3 -4 basil leaves, finely sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, sea, fine
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated (garnish)
- 1In a large pot, turn the heat to medium and.add the olive oil.
- 2Cook the Italian sausages in the hot oil, stirring occasionally until browned then remove the sausage and allow to cool.
- 3Next add to the oil the garlic, onion, shallot, potato, and carrot, cooking until the onion is soft.
- 4Now add the beef broth, stewed tomatoes, red wine and sugar and bring to a steady boil.
- 5Once it is boiling add the zucchini and lima beans, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for an hour.
- 6Lastly you will add the sausage, pasta and arugula into the pot and simmer until the pasta is tender.
- 7Stir in the oregano and chopped basil, mixing well, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 8Pour into bowls and garnish with freshly shredded parmesan cheese.
- 9We had this soup with Italian buns and a nice simple fruit salad for a lovely dinner, it was very filling .
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Italian Sausage & Veggie Soup
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.7
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 46.0 mg
- Sodium 1606.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 20.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: