Prep 0 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a wonderful hot italian sausage soup.
- 1 lb bulk hot Italian sausage
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup frozen Italian vegetables
- 3⁄4 cup green peppers or 3⁄4 cup sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat.
- In a saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Drain sausage and add to soup.
- Heat through.
Really good! Diced tomatoes had Italian seasoning so I did not add any Good the first day. Better the second (if there's any left!)
I used plain stewed tomatoes and just added a bit more seasoning and also beef broth since I had some in the fridge to use up. My DH said this was AWESOME. I did find the frozen Italina veggies . Made for 1,2,3 Hit wonders
This soup is delicious and hit the spot this chilly weekend. I loved the brown sugar and added just a little bit more. The flavor of this soup is wonderful. Made for 1-2-3 Tag.